- Don’t over-water your lawn. Water every 3-5 days in summer and 10-14 days in winter.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean sidewalks.
- Run the dishwasher and washing machine when fully loaded.
- When hand washing dishes, don’t leave water running; use 2 basins – one for washing and one for rinsing.
- Defrost frozen foods in the refrigerator or microwave instead of using running water.
- Limit your shower time to less than 15 minutes.
- Turn water off while brushing your teeth.
- Fill a jug with tap water and place in your fridge, instead of leaving the cold tap running for the water to run cold before filling your glass.
- Insulate hot water pipes where possible to avoid long delays while waiting for water to run hot.